About cultrual shock

When I was young, I felt that the world was huge and there was no end. It was impossible for a person to go through his entire life. Before I was twenty, I had never been out of China, and my vision was very narrow. I want to do my best to go outside and see what the outside world looks like? With strong curiosity, I always look forward to traveling abroad.I was fortunate to have the opportunity to go to Finland when I was 21 years old. Because of this, I can also go to other European countries. I am very excited.To date, I have gone to 10 countries and 15 cities. Every place has a different cultural impact. In northern Norway, for the first time, I felt the scenery at the end of the world; in Italy, I experienced a passionate and romantic Italian culture; in Belgium, I ate the best chocolates and waffles in the world; in Germany, I met cute and friendly people. . . . . . . I have too many experiences and feelings. According to Geert Hofstede's cultural dimensions theory, there are five dimensions about cultures: power distance, individualism vs collectivism, masculinity vs fenminity, uncertainty, long-term and short-term orientation. The cultural shock makes me think about all the differences of culture from many countries. For example, as for individulism and collectivism, I think in China everyone needs to be together to find the sence of safty, that is what is called collectivism; while in western world,people are more independent and like to do some things alone, so I think it is more like indibidualism. And this phenomenon was also referred by Triandis, 
who holds that individualism and collectivism are two levels in the same dimension, that is, if a culture scores high on individualism, it means that it scores low on collectivism; and vice versa. A culture cannot be both individual and collective.
Sometimes I am surprised that I have visited so many places and left so many traces on the map. I am just a tiny existence, but I can enjoy so many different beautiful views. I found that people are great too, and can overcome all obstacles and distances, where the channels want to go. A lot of time in my life, I want to work hard for more channels. As long as the world is still so big and there are so many views waiting for me, I have great motivation.

评论